ravi shankar wrote:
We have a SSL client and we are having issues while connecting to some oracle
application servers which does not support TLS. By default, our client tries
TLS and the server sends an alert message for the client hello instead of
sending server hello. If we disable TLS and use SSLV3, the connection goes fine.

Is there any SSL_CTX option or api to tell that try TLS, if it does not work,
fallback to SSLV3? We do not want to completely disable TLS by setting the
option SSL_OP_NO_TLSv1 in SSL_CTX_set_options.

Use sslv23_method (see e.g. Lutz' message (<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)
from 2007-08-23).
Ciao,
Richard
--