On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 03:34:13PM -0400, Aaron Smith wrote:

> Looking at the output of LDD closer, it looks like the httpd binary is
> linked to both libraries.  BUT, I don't think this is the cause of the
> problem as the httpd binary that DOES work is ALSO linked this way....

Being linked to both libraries is a problem, but even more so if the
first library that is loaded does not match the compile-time headers.

First escape DLL-hell, then debug other issues. If your LDAP library
depends on OpenSSL 0.9.7, you need to link Apache also with 0.9.7.

Mixing 0.9.7 and 0.9.8 in the same binary leads to unspecified behaviour.

--
        Viktor.