On 10/16/07, Prabhu S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Yes, the design of one thread per connection is bit odd. Our application is
> used to test a SSL server for its performance. The application would simulate
> hundreds of client and at a time try connecting to the server. The server
> would be thus tested for burst connection handling capability.
> One thread for each client made sense in that case.

You could try keeping a pool of threads, where thread can take up say
'n' connections. That would be compromise between a pure select()
approach & a one-thread-per client approach. I believe if you use ACE
this would be a TP_Reactor?

I've used the thread pool approach to load test our apps, and it
turned out quite ok.

-jb