Bernhard Froehlich wrote:
Dave Bound schrieb:
Hi

Can anyone tell me how to deploy the necessary OpenSSL files as part of a Win32 application?

The app is deployed using a Windows Installer EXE. I’m not particularly familiar with how this works, but it has been suggested that an OpenSSL merge module might be what I’m looking for?

Thanks

Dave
You'll need the binary files

libeay32.dll
ssleay32.dll

plus the executables you want to use (openssl.exe?).
In addition you may need configuration data like a CA-bundle or the openssl.cnf, but that depends heavily on the functionality you are using. If you put them together into the install directory of your own application and chances are good that everything works fine. ;)

I don't know Windows Installer in detail, but I guess the placement of some more files into the same directory should not pose a real problem for it. In case openssl is already installed on the target system maybe you'll waste about 1.5 MB of harddisk space, but you'll get the advantage of using exactly the version of openssl you did test your application against...

Hope it helps.
Ted
;)

Alternatively, you could rely on Win32 OpenSSL.  See sig.

--
Thomas Hruska
Shining Light Productions

Home of BMP2AVI, Nuclear Vision, ProtoNova, and Win32 OpenSSL.
http://www.slproweb.com/