> David's apparent statement is "the person trusting the time is the
> person generating the key."
> Michael's apparent idea is "if you're generating it and including it
> in the key format, then you're making an assertion which must
> trustable by people other than the person generating the key."
>
> -Kyle H

You have to have absolute trust in any entity that will generate or store your
private key. Thus you can trust any information in it -- anyone who could put
in bogus information could give away your key to strangers. (By absolute trust,
I mean with respect to anything you would use that private key for.)

DS