Sorted this problem out eventually. Recompiled a fresh copy of the code and
it seems to work. The problem may have been caused by the build previously
failing (due to incomplete directory paths set in the environment) and
causing bad references. If you're having similar problems make sure all the
paths are set properly and compile from a fresh build.