Hi Experts,

          OpenSSL 9.8b. We are facing some performance issues with it. I
heard that doing session reuse or using some other ciphers can help improve
the performance significantly.
I would like to know -

1. Is using the session reuse with ssl handshake is advisable? I read
somewhere that session reuse with openssl is controversial with memory
usage. It might have some memory leaks. Is that true? What are other issues
with ssl session reuse? Does anyone has any numbers on performance gain with
session reuse?

2. Does changing cipher used improve performance? We use the default one. Is
there any numbers on this too? I plan to use one of -

SSL_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA
SSL_DH_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA
SSL_DHE_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA
TLS_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA