>seriously 30 year certificate?

That was my initial response, but that's what a customer wants.

I was hoping to be retired before I had to worry about this limit. It
does seem to be something that people want to do and I was just
wondering if there was a plan in place to fix it. In checking the web on
this I found at least one site describing how to generate certificates
that made mention to not set the certificate value to over 2038 so it's
clear it's known and bumped into from time to time.

Is there a plan to circumvent the limit, as opposed to just saying stay
within 2038 ?

Thanks
    Chris Kottaridis    ([EMAIL PROTECTED])