Hi,

> Why the latest version is still 0.9.x, why it hasn't bumped up to 1.x in
> last 8 years. Generally 1.x defines a stable version.

hmm, I personally would not get hung up on '1.x is stable' -
having used dozens of platforms and software versions
to run network delivery solutions I can tell you that NOTHING
means that stuff is 'stable' - certainly there are more
BETA releases with > 1.x numbers than there are sub
1.x releases  :-)

anyhow, the reasoning for the OpenSSL never going above 1.0
right now has been given in another post - but rest assured,
they'll have a dilemna with defining what is 2.0 once
they have finally breached the 'over 1.x the libraries
are more flexible' mantra

alan