From what I'm told, Mozilla Firefox must be built with a special
build-time option to allow an external text file to contain
admin-approved EV roots.  There is no specific OID for a policy
extension used to identify EV.  I honestly don't know how one would
make it; there was a related discussion on Mozilla's dev-tech-crypto
list a few days ago describing where to look in the source code for
information on how to do it.

It is likely that the documentation will also describe what extensions
must be included to mark an end-entity certificate as EV.  I don't
know the details.

I also don't know how to configure MSIE to do it, either.

-Kyle H