It's not really appropriate to say "without any licensing".  It's
really more appropriate to say "without paying any license fees".  A
license to the software is offered to you (and to anyone/everyone),
with no need to transfer any payment, as long as you do not violate
the terms of the license.  If you do violate the terms of the license,
you are in breach of copyright.

The license conditions are simple: In your documentation, you must
give credit to Eric A Young, and you must give credit to the OpenSSL
project.  In addition, you may need to give credit to Tim Hudson (if
you use Windows-specific code from it).  The specific quotes you must
place in your documentation are included in the license file.  You
must also, if you advertise any feature of your product that relies on
cryptographic software or TLS software, place in your advertisements
the same text.  And that's it.

http://openssl.org/source/license.html is the text of the license,
which I'm paraphrasing here.

Aside from that, as long as you adhere to and accept the license you
can take the source code, compile it, and use it in any way you like
(subject to your country's import, export, and cryptography-usage
laws).  Subject to your acceptance of the license, you could include
the binary you compile with an app you distribute, or use it for
internal business commercial purposes.  You could take the source code
and redistribute it in uncompiled form.  You could do just about
anything you want with it.

All you have to do is place the quotes contained in the license,
giving the credit in your documentation and your advertising.

-Kyle H