Raymond Zhou wrote:
Hi there,

My goal is to modify axis2/c so that I can load the openSSL dlls at
runtime, this means that I will need the dlls to exist in the class
path only if my web service calls require SSL communication. The
AXIS2/c mainly calls the openSSL apis starting with SSL_, like
SSL_read(...).

Has anyone done this? If yes, can you share the experience? I noticed
that the functions starting with SSL_ are not exported, is this a
problem?

Thanks much! Frank

To answer your questions:

1)  Yes.
2)  Painful.
3)  SSL_...() calls are exported.  See ssleay32.dll.

The macros are the hardest part - what appears to be a function in the documentation ends up being a "convenient" macro in the header files. But to do a full dynamic import requires a lot of GetProcAddress() calls. Combine that with macros that do the equivalent of the original macros but using GetProcAddress() and it creates a mess real fast. Doable but painful.

--
Thomas Hruska
Shining Light Productions

Home of BMP2AVI, Nuclear Vision, ProtoNova, and Win32 OpenSSL.
http://www.slproweb.com/