I am running Red Hat Enterprise 5.2 with OpenSSL 0.9.8h.  The version of
OpenSSL available for download from Red Hat Network was out of date so I
downloaded OpenSSL 0.9.8h from openssl.org and did a ./configure, make,
make install.  Now, if I do a openssl version, it displays the correct
version, 0.9.8h.  However, the rpm manager still shows the old version.

My problem is when I generate a csr, the csr file is over 1.5 GB.
Needless to say I think my OpenSSL configuration is screwed up.  By the
way I am a noobie if you haven't already guessed.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Dave