Michal Trojnara wrote:
> Steve Marquess <marqu...@oss-institute.org> wrote:
>
>> Stunnel has official FIPS mode support.
>>

> I'm working on some fixes to cleanly compile stunnel with openssl-fips 1.2.
>  Unfortunately it looks like fipsld is no longer installed during the
> openssl-fips installation process.  Can you confirm it?  Is there a
> recommended way to find fipsld in ./configure script?

You are correct, the fipsld utility is not installed by either
openssl-fips-1.2 or openssl-0.9.8j.  I've checked with Dr. Steve Henson
and he will be adding that to the next 0.9.8 release.  Since the "FIPS
compatible" openssl-fips-1.2+openssl-0.9.8j generates a shared library
containing the FIPS object module most applications will want to
reference that shared library; fipsld is only needed for static linking

In the meantime fipsld can be copied from either of the openssl-fips-1.2
or openssl-0.9.8j build trees to the installed directory with the other
FIPS module components (default /usr/local/ssl/fips-1.0/).

 -Steve M.

--
Steve Marquess
Open Source Software institute