First thought as this is BIO stuff, is that you might lack a
BIO_flush() at the end (to ensure the last few bytes are puished out
and in case of crypto BIO filter also useful in a very important way
as it will trigger a call to EVP_EncryptFinal which will do te
mandatory 'end thing' like padding, etc., depending on setup. bla bla
bla. Anyway, BIO_flush() is today's excuse for me.

The only thing that makes me wonder still is that length of 14
(instead of, say, 16). Hmmm.

(PS: Might be a good habit to always call that BIO_flush() bugger when
you're done doing BIO_write-like things, like you'd call close() with
other streamed I/O systems. BIO_close(), especially with some
particular filters in the chain, can be rather rude to your pending
data.)

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 1:18 PM, Rafel Coyle <rafel.co...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Does anyone have any idea as to why an encryption would fail?  I can encrypt
> a dummy credit card number like 378700010000010 and it yields
> 37870001000001; however, if I encrypt 378700010000012 the full number is
> returned yielding 378700010000012.
> The problem appears to be with the encryption and encoding process because
> the BIO_write returns 14 which is the same length as 37870001000001.

Ger Hobbelt