Hello all,
I have a general query regarding FIPS mode. I am running an  simple openssl
https server based on openssl that services https requests from window
clients. I have the following setting in my windows XP "Use FIPS comliant
algorithms for encryption, hashing and signing set to 1" .
Using IE on a windows xp client with the above setting i am able to
communicate with a openssl command line https server. I dont have  FIPS
enabled on my opessl command line tool. Then how come i am able to handle
requests from a windows machine which has the FIPS setting to 1.

Now is it ok to say i am FIPS compliant on the server side becaause i am
handling FIPS requests from clients?

thanks in advance for your time.