Stephen Lewis <step...@commsguy.eu> writes:

[...]

> - It it possible to specify a dirName nameConstraint that allows CN to
> contain *.mydomain.com where * is anything but not allow CN = anything
> that does not end in .mydomain.com ?

I don't think that's possible (independent of what's expressible in
openssl.cnf).  See the description in RFC 5280,
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5280#page-42>.  The intent seems
clearly subtree-based, not any more general pattern-matching, so
CN=*.mydomain.com and similar hacks don't seem cleanly controllable by
this.

I'd guess the best thing to do would be to somehow require the use of
the proper subjectAltName form---I don't know of a generally accepted
way to do that.