> > Are there any good examples of using the ASN1 and CMS functions in openssl
> > 1.0
> > for generic operations?
> > I'm trying to talk to an SCVP server, which takes requests wrapped in DER
> > encoded
> > CMS ContentInfo structure. So far I can't find an openssl function to
> > output a
> > CMS that way, so any example code or pointers would be appreciated.
>
> Try demos/cms

I've been through all of that. The thing that confuses me is that I just want
a ContactInfo wrapper. I don't need to sign it or compress it etc, and it
looks like I can use CMS_data_create in that case, but then I just want to
write it to a socket in DER format, not base64.
Also I need to figure out how to build up other ASN1 structures to go inside
the ContactInfo. I hoped looking at the CMS code would give me an example to
follow, but if so, I haven't figured it out yet.

--
Chris Bare
ch...@bareflix.com