Mike Frysinger <vap...@gentoo.org> writes:

[...]

> ive been trying to figure out exactly how to invoke openssl to get the
> equivalent behavior.

It's beyond me, I'm afraid.  But a couple of things do suggest
themselves...

[...]

> i'm creating the parameters file with:
> openssl ecparam -name sect163k1 -rand <randfile> -param_enc explicit -text

I think that's the wrong thing to be trying to do.  I think you've been
given the private key, so you just need to somehow combine the bits
you've been given into the form that OpenSSL wants.  Probably (and this
is the bit that's beyond me) you need to produce a group and a public
key (both of which are public parts of the key), and presumably these
are the first numbers you gave.

Then, you need to use the private key and the random number to form the
ECDSA signature of the file.  ECDSA with SHA1 requires 160 bits of
random data, which is exactly what you've been given so that matches
up.  (I don't see a way to provide the random number to any of the
OpenSSL functions, so perhaps some hacking will be needed for that
part.)