Hi Stephen,

> Is that a bug or is OpenSSL using stateless session resumption? FF also
> supports that. In that case the session cache is not used.

It is somehow related to FF 3.5.x! I tried different 3.0.x builds on windows and
debian, as well as an old seamonkey 1.1.14 and it works all time as expected. On
a reconnect the session could be reused and the SNI was present.

With FF 3.5.1 (I tried only windows) there are problems during the handshake and
it aborts (FF sents FIN). For what ever reason FF does not sent the SNI for the
next handshake, which is successful. Also the session cache will be used, but
the SNI info is missing.

I guess this is out of the scope of openssl but maybe you have heard about
problems with the newest FF and can give me a hint.

Thanks
Jan