Hi,

Hmm...

I've had the same issue.
Basically it came down to "how do you know if the sub is reliable if
you do not know whether to trust the root?"
If you do not wish to have the root as part of the chain, create a new
chain where the sub is the root
What is the reason you do not want to use the root in the chain check,
but it should be part of the chain?

HTH

Regards,

Serge Fonville