I should have included a log file for what the messages generated by the
script...  See attached.

I also note that the signature portion of the smime formatted message
matches the detached signature contents.

Any advice is appreciated,

--
Keith Hellman                             #include <disclaimer.h>
khell...@mcprogramming.com                from disclaimer import standard

                                   -*-

I would point out that linked lists, mark-and-copy garbage collection, and the
Tab key are all patented too. Somebody who always carefully checked first for
software patents would never write anything at all.

-- Martin Pool (rsync developer)
   http://rsync.samba.org/rsync-and-debian/rsync-and-debian.html
$ openssl smime -sign -in ./sign-script -signer ./sign-script.crt -inkey
./sign-script.key -out ./sign-script.signed
$ openssl smime -verify -noverify -in ./sign-script.signed
Verification successful
$ openssl smime -sign -in ./sign-script -signer ./sign-script.crt -inkey
./sign-script.key -outform PEM -out ./sign-script.pemsigned
$ openssl smime -verify -noverify -inform PEM -content ./sign-script -in
./sign-script.pemsigned
Verification failure
10572:error:21071065:PKCS7 routines:PKCS7_signatureVerify:digest
failure:pk7_doit.c:948:
10572:error:21075069:PKCS7 routines:PKCS7_verify:signature
failure:pk7_smime.c:312: