(OT)

* Mark wrote on Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 15:54 +0100:
> > No offense, but that's what the mailing list is for.
> > Granted, a search might have yielded the answer as well...
> > but if anything, the question should make you feel good
> > because it's one mess you won't be cleaning up.
>
> No offense, but I disagree.  This list is for questions
> specific to OpenSSL programming, not for questions like "should
> I do what the documentation says".  Asking such a question
> shows a fundamental misunderstanding on correct programming
> techniques.   Unfortunately this is all too common IME.

Yes, since this came up again I cannot resist to tell that I
really liked your statement about bad results when trying to go
shortcuts and that it is not worth it. Very true. Also for
designs (like trying to optimise or simplify patterns).

...what a waste when (after hours of debugging some race
condition) suddenly finding some _lock() function just consisting
of "/* TODO */" but no code...

oki,

Steffen