On Fri, Oct 16, 2009, Victor B. Wagner wrote:

> On 2009.10.15 at 16:37:39 +0200, Alessandro Borga wrote:
>
> Do you use native build or cross-compiling?
> If cross-compiling with GNU toolchain, that you have just to specify
> --cross-compile-prefix (or it is just --cross-compile for recent CVS)
> to Configure script and specify proper target argument for it.

It is still --cross-compile-prefix on the command line. It is CROSS_COMPILE in
the environment because everyone else seems to use that.

> something like
>
> ./Configure linux-arm --cross-compile-prefix=arm-linux-gnu
> make
>
> If you are doing native build, config script should take care of all
> this for you.

In CVS you can also dig out the values from uname and place them in the
environemt. Then the config script will work out the correct system type.

I use OpenSSL on big-endian ARM with no problems specifically an NSLU2 device.

Steve.