One point of confusion for me, I read this email to say the OpenSSL FIPS Object
Module v1.2 will(may?) not be usable beyond 2010.  But in the first discussion
link, I read that to say that the v1.2 Module will not be suitable for "private
label" validations(which require changes to FIPS module code and/or build
process).

Is it accurate to say that using the FIPS module as described in the 2nd bullet
here: http://openssl.org/docs/fips/fipsnotes.html, with no changes and building
as described on your platform, that it can be used as a validated cryptographic
module beyond 2010?

I beleive the above to be true, this email cast some doubt, however.

Thanks.