we have a client-server application pair (ok, the server side is tomcat), the client is using an Aladdin eToken w/ openssl and engine_pkcs11 and aladdin's driver. thats all fine and working now. the client application has long running persistence, eg, once its running, it stays up for days/weeks as its a dedicated system sort of thing. the client makes periodic queries to the tomcat server, server responsds, yada yada yada... our security auditors yanked the token out, and the client continues to work, like its cached the SSL authentication and continues to reuse the same session.

so, what exactly should we be doing from our xmlrpc-over-ssl client to ensure each of our macro "transactions" re-authenticates from scratch?