Hi,

I couldn't find sufficient information on this from the online openssl man
pages, or in any of the discussion forums,  so  Iwas hoping someone here
would be able to clarify.

I am using openssl as part of my application for verifying certificates sent
by the server. However, when the server switched to using verisign
intermediate certificates instead of root certificates, The application
returned openssl verify error X509_V_ERR_SELF_SIGNED_CERT_IN_CHAIN and
failed to establish connection.

I understand that this is because the root ca cannot be found as part of the
certificate chain.

My Question is:

Does openssl currently support the addition of intermediate certificates to
the trusted certificate store of an ssl_ctx object? If so, how can this be
done?

I have read that this was a limitation earlier. Will this solve my problem
as the server does not provide the necessary root ca in the chain?

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Lia