Thank you very much !

It worked ;)

Dr. Stephen Henson wrote:
On Sat, Apr 10, 2010, Julien Kauffmann wrote:

Hello,

I need to extract the RSA public key from a RSA private key using OpenSSL.

I'm currently using |RSAPublicKey_dup()| passing the |RSA*| private key to get the public key. However, while the call seems to work, I cannot load (or use) this public key using the openssl command-line tool.

If I generate the public key using the command-line tool ("|$ openssl rsa -in private.pem -pubout > public.pem|"), I can use it and it works like a charm.

Do you guys know how I can get this work ? Maybe another function ?

Thank you.

P.S: Here is the command line result when I try to use the generated public key:

u...@computer:~$ openssl rsa -text -pubin -in public.pem -noout
unable to load Public Key
4379:error:0906D06C:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:no start line:pem_lib.c:647:Expecting: PUBLIC KEY

Use the functions with RSA_PUBKEY in the name to write out the key and not
RSAPublicKey.

Steve.