--- On Wed, 6/2/10, Eisenacher, Patrick <patrick.eisenac...@bdr.de> wrote:

> [...]

Hi again,

I must be making a silly mistake.
I set this up in openssl.cnf:

subjectAltName=dirName:dir_sect2

[dir_sect1]
C=COUNTRY
O=Org name
OU=Org Unit name
CN=www.mydomain1.org

[dir_sect2]
C=COUNTRY
O=Org name
OU=Org Unit name
CN=www.mydomain2.org

and when I sign a server certificate I get the following error:

            X509v3 Subject Alternative Name:
                DirName:/C=COUNTRY/O=Org name/OU=Org Unit
name/CN=www.mydomain2.org
Certificate is to be certified until Jun  2 10:21:14 2015 GMT (1825 days)
Sign the certificate? [y/n]:y
failed to update database
TXT_DB error number 2

If I don't define subjectAltName in openssl.cnf, all's fine.
What does the "TXT_DB error number 2" message mean?
Is the format incorrect?

Vieri