On September 11, 2010 10:58:44 am kummers wrote:
> Please, help me:
>

> How can I edit a CSR, i neew to chane the filds, for axample. edit the
> common name, I've been looking but have not found anything in the forum

You cannot edit a CSR - it is a signed structure - why don't you just re-
generate it with the correct values?

Also - there is absolutely NOTHING that says that you have to keep the
information in a CSR when you generate the X.509 certificate - so if you need
to change the Subject DN so that when you generate the Certificate get a
different value, just tell OpenSSL (or whatever CA software you are using) to
do that.

(of course, the caveat with the above is that you need a good way to bind the
public key in the PKCS#10 or SPKAC structure with the subscriber named in the
Subject of the X.509, but you weren't just trusting a self asserted value in a
CSR to prove that, were you? :)

Have fun!

--