On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Mike Mohr <akih...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> When generating an RSA key, several components are described in the
> output file.  Per the RSA specification on wikipedia,
You should question anything on Wiki since it is generally unedited.
Don't make the mistake of the fellow posting on sci.crypt who claimed
Dr. Adler's reference implementation of ADLER-32 was wrong because
there was a discrepancy in Wiki. From "Need peer review: May have
found mistake in Adler-32!":

    This is going out the Mr. Adler, his friends at zlib, the related
    newsgroups comp.compression and sci.crypt, and the newsgroups
    sci.math and sci.math.num-analysis... This post relates to suspec
    calculations... [1]

> I can identify the following values:
>
> prime1: p
> prime2: q
> modulus: N = p * q
> publicExponent: e
> privateExponent: d
>
> What I'm not clear about is what function these values play:
>
> exponent1: ??
> exponent2: ??
> coefficient: ??
See Handbook of Applied Cryptography. All chapters are avialable
online. http://www.cacr.math.uwaterloo.ca/hac/.

Jeff

[1]
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.compression/browse_thread/thread/5a37a9fcd32786fd/9859a0c61a3fb333