Hi Lennart,

Issue the following command : openssl version -d
Its output will tell you which directory the openssl binary you are calling is using for accessing CA certificates. If it is not /etc/ssl, then this explains why you are getting this error : you are using a binary that looks elsewhere (for example in /usr/local/ssl) On the other hand, if it is /etc/ssl, then you need just to update the CAs hashs in /etc/ssl/certs. For that, issue the following command : c_rehash /etc/ssl/certs.

I hope this will help.
--
Mounir IDRASSI
IDRIX