On 3/25/2011 3:50 AM, Michał Stawiński wrote:

//freeing popped client BIO in parent would disconnect client in child,
//so I can not free it, which will cause 64B memory leak
//parent:   BIO_free ( b=client_bio ) : 1   //???

I don't know of any elegant solution. But there's a way that works. Open a file descriptor or socket you don't care about (for example, open /dev/null). Then 'dup2' that file descriptor over the file descriptor for this connection. That will implicitly disassociate the descriptor from the client's connection, so you can free the client BIO without affecting the child.