On 3/30/11 8:33 AM, Crypto Sal wrote:
David:

Firefox caches that information, so that it can use them later if you view a similar certificate hierarchy.

If you view the Firefox Certificate Manager you should see "Software Security Device" vs. that of "Built in Object" next to each of the certificates in question outside of the Entrust Root CA, which should say 'Built In...'.
Understood - Is there a way to mimic this functionality with OpenSSL via CAfile or CApath? So far not having much luck doing that. I pretty much want to put the root & intermediate CA files somewhere and have my s_client test utilize those for chaining, rather than what the web server sends over.

David