Hi All,

We currently have a CA Server (a Solaris server) running openssl 0.9.8e
And clients (Embedded Linux) running with openssl 0.9.8m

We are thinking of upgrading the openssl versions on both the server, as
well as the clients.

We have some limitations regarding which versions are available on the
two platforms. Here is one restriction I have as far as upgrading both.

1. Whatever version of openssl we upgrade to on the Server side, the
Server MUST still be able to interact with Clients that are still
running openssl 0.9.8g

2. Of course whatever version we upgrade on the Server, if the Client
also has that same upgraded version, that combination MUST work as
well...

So the combinations of versions that we are considering are as below...
Please kindly let us know if any of these version combinations are not
advisable for some reason (stability, reliability, exposed bugs, etc
etc).

A.  Server (openssl 1.0.0)  -> Some Clients running  openssl 1.0.0
                            -> Some Clients running  openssl 0.9.8g

B.  Server (openssl 1.0.0)  -> Some Clients running  openssl 0.9.8m
                            -> Some Clients running  openssl 0.9.8g

C.  Server (openssl 0.9.8r) -> Some Clients running  openssl 0.9.8r
                            -> Some Clients running  openssl 0.9.8g

D.  Server (openssl 0.9.8m) -> Some Clients running  openssl 0.9.8m
                            -> Some Clients running  openssl 0.9.8g

** I don't think option C is possible, because apparently my Solaris
Server doesn't support version 0.9.8m  :-(

Thanks in advance for your help,

- Rezaul.