I did dig arround more on the ecparam and ec options.  Having a limited
knowledge on cryptograpy and specifically ecc key algorithm, and
experimenting with the CLI, I would like to clarify my understanding on
coverting the form of ecc key from compressed to uncompressed and vice
versa.

My understanding is that to convert the form of ecc key from compressed to
uncompressed and from uncompressed to compressed require the knowledge of
the ECC private key.
Is my understanding correct?

Thanks in advance

Erwin