On 09/16/2011 08:11 PM, Alex Chen wrote:
> I am reading the OpenSSL FIPS user guide and the first thing I notice
> is that it says it only supports openssl 0.9.8j and up but not openssl
> 1.0.0.
> We are currently using openssl 1.0.0.  Does that mean we cannot use
> the FIPS module?  Do we have to move back to 0.9.8 branch?

I didn't see an answer to this.  At present there is no OpenSSL FIPS
Object Module for use with the 1.0.0 branch, though a validation is in
progress (http://openssl.org/docs/fips/fipsvalidation.html).  Until that
is available (current estimate, February 2012) your only no-cost option
is to use the OpenSSL FIPS Object Module v1.2.3 with OpenSSL 0.9.8.

-Steve M.

--
Steve Marquess
OpenSSL Software Foundation, Inc.