Hello,

I've been troubleshooting a few problems with
ucspi-ssl<http://www.superscript.com/ucspi-ssl/index.html>
interoperating
with particular SSL implementations.  I am not encountering bugs in openssl
itself, but rather bugs in the implementation of the client or server.

I was wondering if there is any standard way to do interoperability testing
with SSL clients and servers, to be as confident as possible that it will
work with as many other systems as possible?  For example, is there a widely
used test suite or "torture-test" program that will flush out most common
bugs?  Or do people mostly rely on manual testing and beta testers to help
identify interoperability problems?

Also, is there any sort of standard debugging/logging facility when testing
a program that uses openssl, that would log calls into and returns from the
OpenSSL library?  Something like the "-debug" flag to "openssl s_client"
does?  I am finding myself putting tons of little logging messages into the
client while investigating these problems, and am wondering if I am missing
an easier way.  In particular, it would be nice to have a trace that would
be well-understood on the mailing list, and would make it clear what the
program was doing without having to get into the source code.

Thanks for any tips!

-----Scott.