On Thu January 19 2012, Brooke, Simon wrote:
> I'm afraid I've now worked around the problem by using an alternative and
> rather less secure solution (i.e. not using openssl at all) - but it's all
> inside good firewalls, and the obsolete server will be phased out this year.

Phasing out the obsolete server is probably the most practical approach.

> Issue closed, no solution found :-(

Just getting it to build and link may not have been the end of the problems
that would have had to be solved.

I think your old system dates from the days of libc-5, not the more recent
libc-6.  If it does, there are probably more problems lurking that just
hadn't been stumbled onto yet.  ;-)

Mike