On 06/29/2012 06:57 AM, Ganesh Gudaru wrote:
> I have downloaded the version openssl-fips-1.2.4
> When i built this version, i see the file version as 0.9.8.6 and the
> product version as 1.2
>
> I am already using the version 0.9.8o and this has a file version of 0.9.8.15
> Also when i see the version, this version says 0.9.8o-fips which
> confused me as the source tar bar for this one does not have FIPS.
>
> Can you please confirm if the 1.2.4 is built of the latest source and
> latest than 0.9.8.15 (0.9.8o)?

The OpenSSL FIPS Object Module v1.2 (or subsequent revisions such as
1.2.4) source distribution should be used to build the fipscanister
object module *only*; once that is done discard all the extraneous
files. This is discussed in the User Guide:

  http://www.openssl.org/docs/fips/UserGuide-1.2.pdf

Do *not* attempt to use the shared libraries or other executable code
created as a byproduct of the fipscanister build.

-Steve M.

--
Steve Marquess
OpenSSL Software Foundation, Inc.