Will they? Most public CAs use different names. *Similar*, like
Verisign blah blah G3 and Verisign blah blah G4, but different.

If you are using a CA where DN is kept the same, yes you need AKI*,
or else you need to do trial and error. Good luck. (* Technically
this could be AKI->IssuerAndSerial, as long as serial is unique,
instead of AKI->SKI. But I've not seen anyone use that.)

>And regarding the "some even don't have AKI/SKI", I read the RFC and
>it mandates the presence of these extensions in all conforming CAs.

Conforming, yes. In the real world, it isn't always true that everybody
conforms. But at least when they're not conforming, you can tell your
users to blame them. That usually helps for about 5 minutes.