Hi all,

I try to send an RSA public from one entity to another using socket BIOs. I use PEM_write_bio_RSA_PUBKEY and PEM_read_bio_RSA_PUBKEY to do that. I also tried with PEM_{write|read}_bio_RSAPublicKey. Both have the same behaviour in my case. The write function seems to work just fine. I am able to see the public key on the wire (using wireshark). However, the read function just crashes. It looks as if it reads an endless amount of data and I have no idea why. Are those function actually meant to send data over a socket bio?

This is how I call them:

on party A:

RSA rsa;
<init rsa, generate keys>
PEM_write_bio_RSA_PUBKEY(sockbio,rsa);

on party B:

rsa = RSA_new();
PEM_read_bio_RSAPublicKey(sockbio,&rsa,0,0);

Something wrong with the way I call the functions?

best regards
Carolin