From: owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org
[mailto:owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org] On Behalf Of Michael Zintakis
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2012 9:31 AM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: add hash signature as part of the stream on which this hash is
based on

Maybe a bit daft of me to ask this, but is it possible to calculate a hash
on a stream of bytes where the resulting hash is considered to be part of
that stream?

In other words, lets assume that I have a stream which is, say, 64 bytes
long in total, consisting of 48 bytes of "payload", plus 16-byte for the
hash and that hash has been calculated based on the *entire* stream
(payload+hash) of 64 bytes. Would that be possible to produce with openssl
or is this a bit of a chicken-and-egg scenario? Thanks!