On 11/14/2012 04:15 AM, Fredrik Jansson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have compiled the 2.0.2 FIPS module, when I
> call FIPS_module_version_text() it returns "FIPS 2.0.1 validated test
> module 12 Jun 2012".
>
> It seems a bit odd that it says "2.0.1" and "test", does this indicate
> that I have made a mistake when building it?

No, assuming you confirmed the digest of the original source tarball.

The version text you see is my goof when preparing the 2.0.2 tarball.
Fortunately it is cosmetic only, as the typical "FIPS capable"
application won't see it, so we decided to leave it as-is. We'll set a
more cosmetically correct value with next next revision, 2.0.3, which is
already underway.

-Steve M.

--
Steve Marquess