> If you haven't wrapped the OpenSSL struct(s) with your own and you want to
> remember something(s) about an SSL connection, that's what
> SSL_{set,get}_ex_data are for.

Yes, thanks.  I might do that if there's no other option, but a EC_get_NID
seems a reasonable thing to want and, if I read Stephen's post correctly, might
be there on HEAD.

While I've been away for some time, and therefore our paths haven't crossed,
I'm not a newbie.  I generally know what I'm doing. (BTW, the original
multi-thread support, and the MIME v3 support were contributed by previous
projects of mine.)

        /r$
--
Principal Security Engineer