So if I want to do that, the very basic way for me to do it would be
to write all of the commands (line-by-line; which processes each file
separately) into a shell script file and then run that?

But if I were to use some kind of programming or more advanced
scripting language/syntaxes; I would be able to automate that (which
makes it easier for me in the long run)?

Thanks for all your help so far.

P.S. In regards to the whole OS saga - I ended up installing Solaris
11.1; although I'm not really sure if it worked or not. lol...