On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Viktor Dukhovni
<openssl-us...@dukhovni.org> wrote:
> If so, this is a Windows Perl bug IMHO.  The parent should wait
> for the child to exit with close(STDOUT) in either scenario.
> Any special treatment of STDOUT should be reset after
>
>         open STDOUT,"|cmd";
>
> in such a way as to ensure that wait() happens on close().

Yeah, I would have to agree that it is a Windows Perl bug.
Nevertheless, that doesn't change the fact that openssl should work
around it if it can easily, which it can and does in the other
x86_64*.pl files.

> Does anyone know whether this issue has been reported to the Perl
> maintainers (and perhaps fixed in some sufficiently recent release)?

I am using the very latest version of ActivePerl, 5.16.3.1603, so it
hasn't been fixed.  I don't know if it has been reported.

Phillip