On 5/22/2013 11:54 AM, Lavanya Sundararajan wrote:

   I am Lavanya working for Mistral solution, I am using openssl code in our
project, the function in pmeth_lib.c OBJ_bsearch_pmeth returns 0, May I know
the possible reasons for it, In FIPS mode our product fails on RSA signature
verification throwing out unsupported algorithm, while tracing the code I found
the above mention function returns 0. Help me fixing this issue. I am using
openssl-1.0.1e version.

That is simply the function that searches the list of registered/available signature methods, and it returns 0 because
the signature type you are trying to verify is not available.

However you did not specify which kind of RSA signature you were
trying to verify, and this makes all the difference when it comes
to FIPS availability:

1. How many bits are your RSA public key (the modulus), this is
  also the number of bits in the signature.

2. Which hash algorithm (such as MD5 or SHA-256) is used by the
  signature you are trying to verify?

3. Which RSA padding scheme is used when converting the raw hash
  value into RSA input?  For example are you using PKCS#1 v. 1.x
  padding, PSS (PKCS#1 v. 2.1), or one of the ISO 9796 schemes.

Enjoy

Jakob
--
Jakob Bohm, CIO, Partner, WiseMo A/S.  http://www.wisemo.com
Transformervej 29, 2730 Herlev, Denmark.  Direct +45 31 13 16 10