On 5/29/2013 3:30 PM, Rahul Godbole wrote:
Hi

Are the functions in include/openssl/des.h available in FIPS mode? I am
using OpenSSL 1.0.1c.

I need to use 3DES in my code. I do not see a EVP wrapper for it. Please
let me know if have I missed seeing 3DES wrappers in EVP.

EVP_des_ede (for 112 bit two key 3DES)
EVP_des_ede3 (for 168 bit three key 3DES)

(Each name comes in variants for the different modes of operation)

They are all in evp.h

Another issue, to which I do not know the answer, is if the FIPS module
includes 3DES (formal name TDEA) or not, since the whole point of FIPS
mode is to artificially restrict OpenSSL to algorithms which are
currently approved for use inside the US Government.

Enjoy

Jakob
--
Jakob Bohm, CIO, Partner, WiseMo A/S.  http://www.wisemo.com
Transformervej 29, 2730 Herlev, Denmark.  Direct +45 31 13 16 10