Hi Jakob,

Thank you for your response.

So If I understand, when genrsa or rand command is called, it uses the
seeded random number from /dev/random or /dev/urandom and generates the key
and then re-seeds the random bytes from the /dev/random or/dev/urandom.
 And it will use the configrued RANDFILE for this purpose. Is my
understanding correct.

So f I want to reseed the random seeds generated from /dev/random or
/dev/urandom I need to use the RAND_add command checking for the entropy.

this RAND_add command is from a C API as I could not find a command or
script from openssl directly. Is it compiled as a C library?. or can we use
any custom API etc.. to generate and add on to the one generated from
/dev/random or /dev/urandom to have enough entropy.

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,
Srikanth